Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Search Engines

I just heard about three new search engines that present your search results differently.

WolframAlpha is pretty cool. It comes up with some interesting information. Type in "meaning of life" and see what happens.

The Wonder Wheel is from Google is a type of visual search. I don't have a direct link to it, but here is a link to my "instructional technology" search. It lends itself well to exploration.

Lastly, Spezify is the one that is especially well suited for exploration. I did a search for "instructional technology" on that one, too (you might have to reload it if there are a bunch black boxes). The text field where you type in your search terms is just to the right of their logo on the header. I like how you can explore the visual results, but also there are search terms on the black bar just under the header/text field that you can click on and go to different results.


1 comment:

  1. Cool, I have been playing around with wolframlpha for the past week. The Wonder Wheel is similar to Grokker's idea. Check it out.. www.grokker.com and select the "Map View"

    ReplyDelete