Wednesday, February 11, 2009

More on the Web 2.0 discussion (& two educational wikis)

I was thinking about our class discussion last week and wanted to mention what I think of when I think of Web 2.0.

When I think of Web 2.0, I think “user-generated content.” It’s not just "interactive" in that we have to interact with things (i.e., clicking on a link). I've had problems with these kinds of interactive activities because it seemed that people were making the user click just for sake of clicking -- not to add value. But now, with Web 2.0, "interactive" actually means that interacting with a thing ultimately means we are interacting with other people. With an environment that stresses user-generated content, people are creating things, putting them out “there,” getting feedback generated by other users, and interacting with the content put out by other users.

Anyway, these are the two educational wikis I found in response to our homework assignment:

Classroom 2.0 is one of the social networks I lurk in and I read their blog. They also have a wiki. The whole Classroom 2.0 endeavor is about sharing ways to incorporate Web 2.0 technologies into the classroom.

This wiki is for The Time Travel Narrative wiki. It's an online course focusing on the timeline in narrative endeavors (movies, literature, anime, TV).

No comments:

Post a Comment